World War II News Blog|
News about World War II, including links to articles and web sites, brief articles on different aspects of World War II history, plus notices of new releases of books and other publications on World War II from the Merriam Press. The World War II News Blog is managed by Ray Merriam, the owner of Merriam Press.
Videos on military and book topics of particular interest for Merriam Press web site visitors.
Price: From $4.99 to $34.95
NEW 2012 Edition
Paperback $14.95 — Hardcover $36.95 — PDF file on DVD disk by mail $4.99
Siegrunen Number 80
Richard Landwehr, Editor
Second Edition (March 2012)
Paperback (ISBN 978-1475039986) — SRM80-P — $14.95
Hardcover — #SRM80-H — $34.95
PDF file on disk by mail — #SRM80-PDF — $4.99 — Why no download of the PDF file?
154 6x9-inch pages
88 B&W photos and illustrations
1 color painting
1 color map/insignia chart
In 2008, Siegrunen entered is 32nd year of publication. This is Siegrunen's second book-length issue. A few “book” issues were published some years ago, but this format is much better. This new format for Siegrunen will provide more content, including some revised reprints from out-of-print back issues.
Siegrunen grew out of the editor Richard Landwehr's inability to locate any adequate amount of published, accurate material on the Waffen-SS and in particular, the non-German volunteer units, in the 1960s, so he took a chance that by publishing a journal he might attract more sources of “good” information, and it worked.
He also strongly felt that the “volunteers” were being given the shaft by the mainstream media, if they were ever mentioned at all. The “establishment” defamation was, and remains, staggering. It did not take him very long to discover that these were not criminals, but for the most part, were above-average individuals, highly motivated, skilled and courageous who happened to belong to an elite military organization (the Waffen-SS), that was so far ahead of its time that we still have not yet caught up to it.
- Swiss Volunteers of the Waffen-SS
- Letters From the Germanic Volunteers of the Waffen-SS
- The Latvian Border Guard Regiments Attached to the Waffen-SS
- Waffen-Untersturmführer der SS Janis Dzenis
- VI. SS Army Corps (Latvian) and the Third Battle for Kurland
- Waffen-SS Personalities
- A Waffen-SS Marriage in Prague
- The Leather Jacket: An Incident in the History of the 24.Waffen-Gebirgs (Karstjäger) Division der SS
- Cherkassy Pocket: The Final Figures
- Reassembly Area of the 33.SS-Volunteer Grenadier Division “Charlemagne”
- Waffen-SS Miscellany
- SS Special Staff Rode
- Photo Essay: SS-VT Armored Car Reconnaissance Troops in 1938
- More Dutch Knight’s Cross Holders?
- A Bulgarian Volunteer in the Waffen-SS
- The Oldest Swedish Volunteer in the Waffen-SS
Shopping on this web site is secure.
FREE Shipping in U.S.
$5.00 on orders up to $49.99
$50.00 and up shipping is FREE
10% discount on orders over $100
We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover credit cards and PayPal from all customers, and checks/money orders from U.S. customers.
You do not need to create an account to shop on this web site.